Pro Level – PADI Instructor Development Course
With Crystal Dive’s PADI Instructor level training course, you can live the dream and be part of a vibrant industry in many amazing tropical locations.
Fantastic weather, great visibility and a diverse marine environment all contribute to Koh Tao’s reputation as the ‘mecca’ of scuba diving and the world’s premier location for anybody aspiring to be a PADI Professional.
Once you have completed the PADI Instructor course you have a ticket to travel the world, meeting interesting people, experiencing different cultures and visiting incredible places whilst working along the way.
There are few careers as rewarding as teaching scuba diving.
Do You Want To Live The Dream..?
As a scuba instructor you will be able to…
- Open hearts and minds to the hidden beauty of nature’s creation and our obligation to protect it.
- Foster self-esteem in another person.
- Teach the value of character and integrity.
- Transform another human being and change a life for the better and forever.
A scuba instructor has the opportunity to see…
- Fear changed to courage.
- Faintheartedness converted into accomplishment.
- Timidity transformed into confidence.
- Anticipation turned into passion.
PADI IDC Instructor Development Course at Crystal Dive Koh Tao
- 14 day program followed by 2 day PADI Instructor Examinations >>
- Qualified as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor , EFR & Emergency Oxygen Provider Instructor
- Optional Free 2 Day Prep Course
- Fun Diving for course duration
- Pass Guarantee
- Optional Divemaster “Working Internship Program”
BOOK NOW Course Price: 39,900 THB
Located on the beach on Koh Tao, Crystal Dive offers monthly PADI Instructor Development Courses (PADI IDC’s). Conducted by Koh Tao’s most experienced team of Platinum level PADI Course Directors Crystal Dive provides the highest quality training necessary for you to easily pass the PADI Instructor Examination and be fully prepared for teaching in the real world.
Since 2004 Crystal has been the most popular and successful PADI Instructor Development Centre on Koh Tao. We have maintained the most successful pass rate, year in, year out. We are that confident that you will pass our PADI Instructor Development Course that we offer every candidate our unique ‘Pass Guarantee’.
We also offer a full range of Instructor Internships programs allowing you to teach a wide range of PADI Specialty courses as well as gain important real life teaching experience and a minimum of 25 PADI Diver certifications increasing your employment prospects.
Beyond this we offer both the PADI IDC Staff Instructor & PADI Master Instructor Internships for those of you that ultimately wish to become a PADI Course Director.
To enrol on a PADI Instructor Development Course you need the following:
- PADI Divemaster, or leadership level with another diver training organisation.
- Be 18 years old.
- Have a minimum of 60 logged dives; documented experience in night diving, deep diving and underwater navigation.
- If not a PADI Divemaster, successfully complete the PADI Divemaster course dive rescue assessment
- Certified diver for six months.
- Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months.
- EFR Primary and Secondary Care course completion (or qualifying training) within the last 24 months.
Step 1 – PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC)
To become a PADI Instructor, first you’ll need to complete the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC). This 14 day course is designed to introduce various teaching techniques for teaching in a classroom, a confined water environment and also in Open Water. You will learn more advanced dive theory, as well as perfect the demonstration quality scuba skills you first mastered on your PADI Divemaster course.
We will introduce you to the entire PADI system of diver education as well as discuss the latest Business & Marketing trends in the industry. We will also look at Environmental concerns and make sure you have the necessary Standards and legal knowledge necessary for a qualified PADI Scuba Diving Instructor.
After that you’ll be examined by PADI’s external examiners to make sure you meet the required standard, in the 2 day PADI Instructor Examination.
Here’s a look at the schedule of our 14 day IDC Koh Tao schedule:
1:2 Theory Exam (CD1 – 20 Questions)
1:3 Learning Instruction and the PADI System
1:4 Start Diving
2:1 Developing Knowledge Development Presentations
2.2 Keep Diving
2:3 Skill Circuit (20 basic skills + Rescue Skills)
Homework – Prepare Knowledge Development Presentation 1
3:1 Knowledge Development Presentation 1
3:2 Teaching in Confined Water
3:3 Confined Water Presentation 1
3:4 Skills x 5
4:1 General Standards and Procedures 1 and 2
4:2 Conducting Open Water Dives
Homework – Prepare Knowledge Development Presentation 2
5:1 Open Water Presentation 1&2, Rescue Workshop – Boat: 07:30 – 11:00
5:2 Knowledge Development Presentation 2
Homework – EFRI Knowledge Reviews
6:1 Emergency First Responder (EFR) Instructor Course
6:2 Emergency Oxygen Provider Instructor Course
Day Off… !!
Homework – Prepare Confined Water Presentations 2 & 3
8:1 Business of Diving
8.3 Confined Water Presentation 2 & 3 plus Skills x 5
Homework – Prepare Prescriptive Presentation 3
9:1 Prescriptive Teaching Presentation 3
9:2 The PADI Open Water Course
9:3 Adventures in Diving Course
9:4 Teaching PADI Specialty Courses
9:3 Rescue Diver Course
Homework – Prepare Open Water Presentations 3 & 4 and Prescriptive Presentation 4
10:1 Prescriptive Teaching Presentation 4
10:2 Dive Master Course
10.4 Open Water Presentations 3 & 4
Homework – Prepare Confined Presentations 4 & 5 (Home Work)
11:1 Risk Management Part 1 & 2
11:2 Confined Water Presentations 4 & 5
11:3 Final Skills x 5
Homework – Prepare Open Water Presentations 5 & 6
12:1 Open Water Presentations 5 & 6
12:2 Final Counselling & IE Recommendations
13:1 Mock IE (Instructor Exam) – Part 1
14:1 Mock IE (Instructor Exam) – Part 2
Step 2 – PADI Instructor Examinations (IE)
Upon successful completion of all performance requirements of the PADI IDC you are now fully prepared to enter the 2 day PADI Instructor Examination (IE).
This is an external examination conducted by PADI staff from PADI HQ in Australia. Over two days you’ll be examined to make sure you are able to teach scuba diving safely, working to PADI instructor standards.
The two day PADI IE schedule is as follows..
• Orientation to the PADI instructor examination
• Systems, standards and procedures examination exam (90 mins)
• Dive Theory Exams (90mins)
Confined water teaching presentations (swimming pool)
Knowledge development presentations (classroom)
• Open Water Teaching Presentations (local dive site)
• PADI Instructor Examination Closing ceremony and presentation
BOOK NOW Course Price: 39,900 THB
Here’s a breakdown of the costs involved in taking your PADI instructor training here on Koh Tao, Thailand. There are three expenses involved in training to become a PADI Instructor – courses, fees and materials.
PADI IDC & IE Fees
PADI Instructor Development Course – 39,900 THB
(including Emergency First Response Instructor (EFRI) , O2 Instructor course and lunches)
There are a number of application and examination fees, all of which must be paid by the candidate directly to PADI.
2020 PADI Fees
PADI Instructor Exam – $AUS 975
PADI Instructor Application – $AUS 280
EFR Instructor Application – $AUS 193
O2 Provider Instructor Application – $AUS 111
Total PADI Fees Payable Direct –$AUS 1,559.00
PADI IDC Materials
For your own set of PADI Instructor Manuals & Materials, you can purchase our IDC Crew Pack for 17,500 THB.
- PADI Backpack
- PADI Guide to Teaching (Paper version & CD-Rom)
- Diving Knowledge Workbook
- PADI Quizzes & Exam Booklets (Open Water, Rescue Diver, Divemaster)
- PADI Specialty Course Instructor Manual (CD-Rom)
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Instructor Outline
- PADI Open Water Course Prescriptive Lesson Guides (CD-Rom)
- Positive Approach Selling (DVD)
- Dive Lesson Planning Slates (Confined and Open Water)
- Open Water, Advanced, Rescue Diver, Divemaster course Instructor Cue Card
- Hologram Decal
- Instructor Candidate Information
In addition you’ll also need a copy of the PADI Instructor Manual. As of 2010, the Instructor Manual is included in the PADI Divemaster crew pack and as a Renewed PADI Divemaster it is available as a free download from https://www.padi.com/mypadi/
For candidates crossing over from another training organisation or PADI Divemasters that are not renewed you can purchase a copy for 3,000 THB.
BOOK NOW Course Price: 39,900 THB